Akiles DuoMac 531 5:1 Coil & 3:1 Wire Binding Equipment
- Akiles DuoMac 531 with sturdy design powered by CAE (Computer-Aided Engineering) technology
- Features two independent punching die sets for faster punching
- Features punch handles, wire closer handle and comb opener handle for convenience at each step
- Presents perfect side margin control for perfectly aligned punching
- Features Open Punching Throat & Continuous Punching Guide that together punch and bind lengthy documents with ease
- Equipped with Wire Closer Control having a continuous adjusting scale for neat closures
- Features a Master Selector that makes configuration of the punching and binding process easy
- Equipped with diameter scalethat professionally determines document's thickness and matches it to wire/comb size option
- Equipped with wire holder that allows smoother wire inserting process
- Features a waste drawer that keeps the paper trimmings out of sight
- Easily punchesup to 20 sheets (20 lbs. paper/ letter size)
- Caters to the punching length of14" (13" for coil)
- Possesses 100% disengagement dies
- Backed by1-Year Manufacturer Warranty
The Akiles DuoMac 531 wire binding equipment provides the binding facility with both 5:1 pitch spiral coil and 3:1 pitch twin loop wire. The DuoMac 531 comes with its unique specs and CAE-powered design with 1-year manufacturer warranty. It comes with two independent punching die sets that are 100% disengageable. This allows punching a variety of document sizes at a speed of up to 20 sheets (20 lbs. paper/ letter size) in one go. This Akiles DuoMac Binding Machine enables performing all the functions that usually require many machines at a time. It promises its users with long-term support through its 1-Year Manufacturer Warranty.
|Product Name||Akiles DuoMac 531 5:1 Coil & 3:1 Wire Binding Equipment|
|Punch Length (inches)||14|
|Punch Pitch||3:1, 5:1|
|Paper Punch Volume (lbs.)||20|
|Binding Type||Wire Binding, Coil Binding|
|Binding Capacity (Diameter")||Coil (1/8 - 1-7/8) , Wire (3/16 - 1-1/4)|
|Binding Capacity (Sheets)||Coil (25 - 450) , Wire (20 - 280)|
|Number of pitches||2|
|Punch Hole Size (mm)||(4 x 5) , (4 x 4)|
|Included Accessories||Coil Crimper|
|Country of Origin||Taiwan|
|Disengageable Pins||Coil (5) , Wire (54)|
|Punch Hole Shape||Oval, Square|
|Number of Holes||Coil (53) , Wire (40)|
|Punching Capacity (Sheets)||20|
Q) The overall look of the machine is complicated, so is it difficult to operate?
The DuoMac 531 is a great machine and yes you may get a complicated expression when you will have a first look at it but it can be observed that it is labelled nicely. And this will make operations quite simple for the user. Also with the operation manual available, step by step guide can be used for proper functioning of the machine.
Q) what is the coil crimping pliers used for in the DuoMac 531?
The crimping pliers are used for bending the coils so that they do not spin out of the documents. As the holes are big so that is why crimping is suggested.
Q) What is coil binding and why should it be preferred?
Coil binding is same as the spiral binding. In this you can thread plastic coils through the holes of the document till the end. As a result you will give them a professional and a unique look. For regular use this binding method is perfect as it can be conducted electrically as well as manually.
Q) What is meant by pitch that are usually stated as 2:1, 3:1, 4:1 and 5:1?
The pitch actually refers to the number of holes per inch.